Monday, September 28, 2009

New Track Done




After a lot of toying around with the arrangement, I've finally completed my latest track which essentially attempts to blend glitch/noise breakbeats with thrash metal, melodic piano, 8 bit and acid all into one. Very odd and quite challenging to put together but I'm very happy with it. It was also nice to get away from the melodic percussion free work I was doing of late too. I used my new Line 6 Toneport, Zoom G2.1U, Roland GR20, EMU MIDI box, Jackson DKMG, a hot wired Casio CTK-50 (stupid thing has no jack output, so I had to wire my own), Cubase, Reason and a few free VST's to bring it from conception to completion.

After doing a very exhaustive bit of trawling online, I could find no other work that resembles it in any specific way. I came across a good few electro-rock acts but nothing with the substance and cliches of the specific sub-genres I "Frankensteined" together to form my track. Anyway, It's called " Aural Internecide" (for obvious reasons). Check it out on my Myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment