Monday, March 2, 2009

Licensed Floyd Rose Better?



About 6 months ago I picked up a Jackson DKMG (above) -Which is a fairly nifty lump of wood with magnets and frets shoved into it. It had all pro features apart from it being equipped with a licensed version of Floyd Rose's famous double locking trem. I wasn't sure to begin with, but I didn't want to part with an extra 500 euro just to have the Floyd Rose logo engraved on the bridge if it wasn't really necessary.




After reading around and doing a lot of research, I decided to go out on a limb. I had read bad reviews about tuning stability and breakages etc. but the gamble payed off. 6 Months down the line and I've been dive bombing to the point where the strings hang off the neck like fresh spaghetti and pulling up Higher than the bridge cavity will allow (almost) and it's kept in tune for 6 months now... And I'm 500 Euro richer...

No comments:

Post a Comment